Friday 15 February 2013

And that's Why


You should always take a before shot!  



I didn't.  As great as this looks, it looks even better when compared to what was there before!  
 I had the Sapele Plywood laid up with the veneer backwards, going across the sheets instead of going lengthwise.  This let me build the long doors without joints, or without having to hammer veneer them afterwards.
 I like to use 3/4"ply for my case work.  In this instance, its Birch, which is nice and hard, and gives a dramatic contrast to the Sapele.I also like to use inserts for the shelf pins!
 Instead of a 5" dead space next to the double ovens, I put in a slide out pantry.  Sure is more useful than nothing!
 The countertop here is made of solid lumber, not ply.  The solid stock gives a much better feel when you knock on it, and its much easier to refinish!  The ribbon grain always looks a little more vibrant on solid wood than the plywood too.


No comments:

Post a Comment