Thursday 21 February 2013

The Case of the Flying Stairs

Because I didn't want terribly steep stairs, I made them L-shaped.  Underneath the landing also makes a convenient place to store things.  I'm not sure what I'll put under there, but I know it'll fill up.

 Here, I've set the short stairs in place, so I could get up onto the landing in style.
 I just stuck a big eye lag into a conveniently placed rafter and hooked on the good old power-pull.


 After the stairs were up on the landing, I just hooked up another come-along up in the mezzanine, and while keeping the bottom one taught, I lifted up the other end of the stairs.
 Once the stairs were high enough, I pulled them back onto the ledger I had shot on earlier, and then shot them in place.



 Ahhhhhhh, now that's safer than a ladder, that's for sure
From underneath, you can see the construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment